How to change Primary email adrdess

Dnusha
New Community Member

Hello alll,

I have changed my email address and need to edit my old one.   I tried and paypal does not allow me to do so.  How can I edit it to apply my new email address?

Login to Me Too
107 REPLIES 107

Boom6969
Go to notifications,You can change your email address there, to a different primary address 👍
Login to Me Too

Airdriver
Contributor
Contributor

None of the so far working fixes works for me.  Cannot add or update email. Chrome browser.

Look at these inane responses:

UPDATE EMAIL:This is your primary email. Sorry, you cannot edit it.

My primary email is not correct and I can't edit it??????

ADD EMAIL:We’re sorry. You can’t claim the money with this account because it's already linked with another user. Try asking your sender to send to a different email address if you have one.

Claim what money????? Sender?? No one has ever sent me anything via paypal, not even a birfthday card!  I want to ADD my EMAIL, not claim money!! I have no money resting in the account!!!

I cannot(!!) use Paypal if I cannot update the email!! Sorry for the rant but this problem is really Bush League and appears to be one known for rather a long time. 

Login to Me Too

Harry60
New Community Member

Why can't we change our prumary email, I no longer use mine and have changed it to another. What do I do?

Login to Me Too

dmp1094
New Community Member

Also just an FYI, updating another email to primary doesnt work on the app! Has to be done on an actual computer. Took me forver to figure out why I couldn't put another email as the primary.

Login to Me Too

dmp1094
New Community Member

Also just an FYI, updating another email to primary doesnt work on the app! Has to be done on an actual computer. Took me forever to figure out why I couldn't put another email as the primary.

Login to Me Too

bowhunter3125
Contributor
Contributor

When i try and add a new email, it tells me that the email address is not available. Need to change primary email but it wont even allow me to add an email address. 

Login to Me Too

Sasha1212
New Community Member

The BEST thing I did was call PayPal. You get an automated directive on how to do it. If this does not work, and mine did not....then hit 0 and you get a person who will walk you through the process! BOOM...done!

Login to Me Too

mssmss
Contributor
Contributor

When I click on the email address under notifications, it just gives me a right-hand column pop-up with only option is to choose html or text; no option to change primary address. When I go into settings, there is no option to make an added email address primary or to delete old primary address. Silly me -- I put in the wrong email address when setting up account for hubby!  This is both in IE10 and in Chrome. Help!

Login to Me Too

Tminch
New Community Member

How do I change my primary email account to a new email address?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tminch

Add another email address to your paypal account (you can have up to 8 on the one account).

Verify it.

Make that one primary.

Remove or leave the other one on your account if you want to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.