How to change Primary email adrdess

Dnusha
New Community Member

Hello alll,

I have changed my email address and need to edit my old one.   I tried and paypal does not allow me to do so.  How can I edit it to apply my new email address?

Login to Me Too
107 REPLIES 107

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zordana

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and ''add'' another/new email address > verify it > go back and click on ''update'' and tick the box underneath that says ''make primary'' > then you should get the remove option by the old now longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SheilaD1
Contributor
Contributor

I need to delete an email address that is marked as primary. I have tried and can not change the primary designation. I no longer have the designated address and am not getting receipts from Paypal. I also can not find a phone number to get assistance.

Login to Me Too

Hol_18
New Community Member

My primary email address need verifying but its incorrect and Im unable to change it. Any suggestions? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hol_18

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and ''add'' another/new email address > verify it > go back and click on ''update'' and tick the box underneath that says ''make primary'' > then you should get the remove option by the old now longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nriccoone
New Community Member

how to change primary email address

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

To update an email address, you must have at least two email addresses on file.

Login to your account.

* Click on the Gear icon.
* Click on the "+" in the Email box.
* Enter your new email address.
* Click "Add Email"

* You will need to confirm the new email - once you've done that, you can make it the Primary and delete the old email.

Login to Me Too

YS2
New Community Member

My primary email address no longer exists but I am not allowed to change it so I am not getting any messages.

This does not make sense.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

To update an email address, you must have at least two email addresses on file.
Login to your account.
* Click on the Gear icon.
* Click on the "+" in the Email box.
* Enter your new email address.
* Click "Add Email"

* You will need to confirm the new email - once you've done that, you can make it the Primary and delete the old email.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.