How do I pay with a different currency than my primary and USD?

JHven
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all!

I am about to do a payment for a hotel booking, whereto they have requested me to pay in their local currency.

Though when I enter their information and arrive at the page, where one specifies the amount to be transfered, I am only allowed to choose between my primary currency and USD, i.e. I cannot choose the currency the hotel requests.

Can anyone of you please help me with a solution to the above, because I have to do this payment within the next couple of day to have the hotel reservation finalized.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Joakim.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mdarrn
Contributor
Contributor

@JHven 

You can manage your PayPal balances via Currency Converter. You can transfer some or all of your PayPal balance from one currency to another.

Here's how to convert your balance to another currency:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click PayPal balance under your profile photo.
  3. Click Manage currencies.

Currency conversions are not available for PayPal accounts in Argentina, Brazil, and Malaysia.

If your card is run in a currency different to your local currency, you can contact our Customer Support and request for the card to be set up in that currency. This will cause that all transactions funded from that particular card will be charged in the card’s currency.

If you need any further assistance, I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to help.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

mdarrn
Contributor
Contributor

@JHven 

You can manage your PayPal balances via Currency Converter. You can transfer some or all of your PayPal balance from one currency to another.

Here's how to convert your balance to another currency:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click PayPal balance under your profile photo.
  3. Click Manage currencies.

Currency conversions are not available for PayPal accounts in Argentina, Brazil, and Malaysia.

If your card is run in a currency different to your local currency, you can contact our Customer Support and request for the card to be set up in that currency. This will cause that all transactions funded from that particular card will be charged in the card’s currency.

If you need any further assistance, I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to help.

Login to Me Too

JHven
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @mdarrn 

Thank you for your detailed reply!

It is very helpful and solves my issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.