Don't know what to do after this refund?

Cermet
New Community Member

So I sold an item on ebay. The buyer sent me the money, and then before I could even log into paypal I was given an email saying my payment was on hold. Odd, I get another email instantly saying that the money that went through was given back to the buyer because of "suspicious activity". However the buyer is still messaging me on ebay about the book, I looked on their profile and they seem legit. Then suddenly comes another email saying that my account is now limited?? What gives? How am I supposed to complete the transaction now?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Cermet,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I see that you are referring to the email notifications that you are receiving. I suggest you to verify this information by logging in to your actual PayPal account because if your payment is on hold, you will surely see an alert on your summary page or notification icon. So aside from email, please refer to you account as well so can make sure that this is a valid notification from PayPal.

The next thing that you can do is to confirm if the payment was successfully sent to your account by clicking on activity page. Normally, if a payment is on hold, you will see this on your summary page as "Pending Balance".

Please also check this link for more information about payment hold:

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?

Hope this helps and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.