Being asked to download Zelle app

AltheaStafford7
Contributor
Contributor

I was asked to use Paypal to pay for an item Im selling. Was sent a messege to download Zelle app to pay a $687 fee before funds r transferred. I have a feeling this is a scam! She was very persistent in downloading the app, and when I refused to pay fee, she said I had to reply to the Paypal email, to cancel. Well Paypal email comes back and says I cant cancel the transaction. Have I been scammed??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AltheaStafford7 

Scam. PayPal never ask you to use a third party payment processor to pay as well as use PayPal. Makes no sense at all.

If you made a PayPal goods and services payment to this person, locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.

If you sent payment as friends and family (payment status will say "Money Sent" on the transaction listing), there is no refund because friends and family payments have no purchase protection. It is considered a "gift" payment, so no refunds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AltheaStafford7 

Scam. PayPal never ask you to use a third party payment processor to pay as well as use PayPal. Makes no sense at all.

If you made a PayPal goods and services payment to this person, locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.

If you sent payment as friends and family (payment status will say "Money Sent" on the transaction listing), there is no refund because friends and family payments have no purchase protection. It is considered a "gift" payment, so no refunds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.