basic bank accounts

njvg
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting mixed answers from my friends who are frequent users of papal. My paypal is set up through my savings account. I will eventually want it set up to the basic account I am going to get in order to set up a paypal button on a website I'm building and recieve payments. Some people have said that when they joined paypal they had only two bank account options: savings and current e.g. there was no option for basic account. Others have said that because I already have a paypal account when updating my bank account i will only be asked fro sort code and account number and that the form will not ask to name whether the account is savings or current. Can any one help with this question please? Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello njvg,

You can only edit the bank account name in your PayPal account. If you would like to add a new bank account to your PayPal account the form with ask you if the account is a checking or savings account and you will need to provide the bank routing number and account number. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

njvg
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou misty....

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello njvg,

You are welcome! I am glad I could you out.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.