How to ensure sales tax is charged?

MyrrhDesigns
Contributor
Contributor

I have set up sales tax collection rates for the two states I am licensed in, and both are listed as 'active'. However, there was no sales tax calculated or charged on my recent (first) sale. Why did this happen, and how can I correct this so sales tax is calculated and charged on my future sales in these 2 states? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello MyrrhDesigns, 

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy.

It sounds like you are using Website Payments Standard and have the Sales Tax set up properly. One question I do  have is, are you using a Third Party shopping cart on your website? If you are, you may need to check to see if the settings are set up properly there.

I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

MyrrhDesigns
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Mysti,

My 'website' is a storefront on Artfire. I didn't configure the Artfire sales tax parameters (which cropped up after I'd set up my Paypal account) because I thought thath would cause salestax to be charged twice. perhaps I'll go check out  those settings... and it will solve the problem.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hi MyrrhDesigns,

You are very welcome! I am glad I could help, I hope you are able to get this fugured out.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.