Refunded incorrect email

DDG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi...  I am not sure if I am putting this in the right area.  But I did not want to include it in the same area as buyers since this is a sellers question.

A month or so ago, we had a customer call and say they needed a refund.  Even though it was well over their purchase date because of extraordinary reasons, we decided to refund.  My option to refund was gone since it had been so long, instead I had to "send money" so I did that.  Well a few days ago the customer called back and said she had not received her refund.  Upon looking, the wrong email address was either given or entered to "send money" meaning someone else got her money.  

Is there a way to void or get this money back?  Or is this a wright off?

Thank you for your help

DDG

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DDG
Contributor
Contributor

Bump

Please anyone?

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello DDG,

Welcome to the Community Robot wink.

I am sorry this happened. I would start by contacting the person you sent the money to and see if they are willing to send the money back to you. If they are not willing to send the money back, really the only thing you can do is re-send the money to the buyer that was suppose to receive the money. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

DDG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Misty and thank you....  Smiley Happy

So I have sent a notice to the "wrong person" and reminded a few times.  Nothing yet.

And I have already sent the correct person the refund.  

Now I guess all I have to do is to just wait to see if the wrong person is honest.  Smiley Wink

Thank you again!   

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello DDG,

You are very welcome! I hope the wrong person will work with you too. Good luck!

~Misty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.