Payflow Link vs Payments Standard

chris7519
New Community Member

I'm currently debating whether I should switch from my current checkout method to Payflow Link or Payments Standard. However, I have two issues which I can't find a definate answer for. First of all, my online store sells outdoor sporting goods and this includes ammo and magazines which are not allowed via Paypal's checkout method due to their guidelines. If I were to use Payflow and my merchant account allows the sale of these goods, would I still fall under this guideline? My main concern is that the Paypal method is part of the Payflow checkout and if I can't disable it, the customer may purchase one of these items and choose to pay with Paypal. If this is an issue, I may remove these products from my store to fall in line with Paypal's regulations, but it's something I'll have to consider.

My second question regards combining my Paypal account with Payflow. I am still making my way through the documentation, but I want to customize the checkout page. I realize this is partially possible via Payments Standard, but there aren't a lot of options, and it seems Payflow may allow for greater customization. If I use Payflow, can I have the funds deposited into my Paypal account, or do they go directly to my merchant account and I would have to transfer back to Paypal? I only ask because depositing into a merchant account currently takes 48 hours, but if I could have the funds deposited into my Paypal account I would have immediate access to it. TIA!!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.