Paypal is cheating in the introductory video

julia_g
Contributor
Contributor

If you watch the introductory video about Website Payments Standard, it's clearly showing users click on "Buy now" button and then immediately see the page when the credit card form is open and prominent, as well as the PayPal login form.

In reality, only the login form shows up, and users have to click a link below to get to the credit card form.

I've ran into this many times - a lot of users don't notice this link,  think they need a PayPal account to pay and get confused.

I've seen many complaints in the forums about the same thing, but PayPal persists in doing it this way. When I was wantching the video, it made me to think they've finally listened and made this more convenient for everybody since I used them last. This made me to sign up again, but still the actual payment page is very different from the one in the video.

This is  a clear case of false advertising.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MattVit
New Community Member

While I agree, there are options to have a Credit Card payment system directly on your website so the user doesn't even see PayPal. It's not hard for a programmer to install, but as with anything worthwhile, you'll have to pay them.

Login to Me Too

julia_g
Contributor
Contributor

I know, but we're starting small for now. When the money starts coming in, we will certainly consider this option, and most likely it won't be on PayPal. This way they're losing customers where they could be attracting them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.