IPN's & different e-mail addresses: a question

jdog
Contributor
Contributor

I am building a Zencart site and I am setting up to receive payments. I understand how the IPN thing works, and I would like to use it for my web site.

I do other sales (ebay, etc.) using other e-mail addresses. If I set up the "notify" URL in my paypal account to my zen cart specified URL will this mess up payment notifications regarding other purchases via my other e-mail addresses?

For example, if a guy buys a watch from me on e-bay, from my personal e-mail address, would my Paypal account automatically send to my zen cart site the notification, causing my site ( a pepper spray, stun gun, self defense site) to do something with regard to this transaction?

Or am I overanalyzing, since this would only direct a person at the site to a confirmation page, once the payment is made (meaning that in the above scenario this would have no effect on the buyer, since he's not at the web page)? As I'm new to this, I dont really know if this is a legitimate concern.  Hopefully, one of you with a Zen cart or OSC site will know what I'm trying to ask, and tell me if theres a problem or not........

Yes, my web site has a separate e-mail address for receiving Paypal payments, and it is added to my Paypal profile.

Should I set up another Paypal account that is only for this web site and it's e-mail address? Is this necessary?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.