issues with my PayPal account that are preventing me from being able to accept donations.

RamapalaGift
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings!

I am trying to connect my PayPal account to the GiveWP plugin for WordPress. I have gone through the on boarding process to connect my account, but when I finish I'm given this error message "Warning, your account is not ready to accept donations"

Please help me resolve these account errors so I can begin accepting payments via PayPal on GiveWP.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

FAITHrescue
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I had the same issue and after getting nowhere trying to contact PayPal and no luck in the community or Google, I finally managed to resolve it myself by figuring out it was an IPN issue (Instant Payment Notification) Hopefully this works for you too.

Sign into your PayPal business account and go to 'Account Settings' (Drop down menu from your account name in the top right-hand corner) then click on 'Notifications' from the left-side menu, click on 'Instant Payment Notifications'. Click 'Update' - Now, from here, make sure that the Notification URL is correct - it should read something like https://YourWebAddress/?give-listener=IPN (instert your website address between the forward slashes if not present) and ensure that Message Delivery is set to Enabled. Finally click on Edit Settings and hopefully your payments will now go through with no issues.

Login to Me Too

RamapalaGift
Contributor
Contributor

thank you i tried it out now i'm waiting to see if the problem persist

Login to Me Too

FAITHrescue
Contributor
Contributor

You are welcome. Fingers crossed for you that it has resolved the issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.