They're paying from my bank account instead of my credit card and it's **bleep** everything up

2keep
New Community Member

I'm a restorative beekeeper starting a bee sanctuary and I put a paypal button on my website to accept donations.

I set up a new bank account just for receiving donations and linked it to paypal.

I also put checks I'd received into the same account.

Now the account is drained and there are tons of overcharge fees because paypal has been paying everything off of that account, which makes no sense because my credit card is set as my preferred method of payment

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @2keep

I can certainly understand how concerning something like this can be. 

The preferred payment method will be used for most transactions, but is not guaranteed. Every transaction attempt is processed through our internal security system. If the system detects any form of risk, it can stop the transaction from being sent, or change the funding source for a specific transaction. It's important to check the transaction information before sending the payment to ensure the correct payment method is selected. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.