Donations Button (Not an Organisation)

nzdzeni
Contributor
Contributor

If I'm not an organisation but want to allow users to support me (I'm an artist and have work on my site that users can download / enjoy) - can I still use the 'donate' option? The button area of PayPal's site is not clear on this and if the answer is 'no', it does not give any good options. I'm running a self hosted WordPress site and can easily place the button on the page / create a custom button graphic.

I need the functionality of the 'donate' button but don't want users to think that I'm a charity.

Ideas??

If you're curious, the site is here:

dzeni.complus.co.nz

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Celeste

Hi @nzdzeni,

Thank you for your post. Please note that at this time, an account would need to be set as a business account in order to accept donations. Here's a great Help Center article on How to Accept Donations. I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Take care,

- Celeste S. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Celeste

Hi @nzdzeni,

Thank you for your post. Please note that at this time, an account would need to be set as a business account in order to accept donations. Here's a great Help Center article on How to Accept Donations. I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Take care,

- Celeste S. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.