Paypal and small claims court

Rare_Gearz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I sold an item (a grass trimmer) to a buyer on ebay for £35.99 the item was delivered to the buyer's address the next day by Argos. Few days later the buyer opens a return case on ebay stating that the "item not as described" as the reason for return. 

The return was automatically accepted and a return label was sent to the buyer to return the item, weeks past but still the item was not returned consequently ebay made a judgment against the buyer for not returning the item and the case was closed by ebay. 

Few days after the buyer lost the case on ebay for not returning the item the buyer opened a new claim on papal this time he claimed "the item was not received" even though the buyer previously claimed on ebay he or she received the item but want to return it. 

I responded to his claim by posting the delivery confirmation provided by Argos as well as a couple of messages from the buyer's ebay message to me confirming that the buyer did actually received the item.

Unfortunately for reasons that do not make sense paypal decided to refund the buyer and to dismiss my appeal. When I called paypal they told me that "Argos do not do delivery as they are not a delivery company but a high street retail" I told them Argos do do delivery, but they wont listen to me and nor do they accept Argos's delivery confirmation. 

It's not about the money for me right now it's about the principle, I do not want scammers to get away with with the help of paypal. It's too bad that ebay now days is infested with so many scammers as a buyer and sell myself I want to take a stand against scammers. So i decided to take paypal to the small claims court. I never made any claims before in the small claims court it's new to me so I'm very grateful for any help I could get here.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.