Paypal Fraud

Rual
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a victim of fraud on Paypal. I have been contacting Paypal for months now but Paypal have provided zero help. 

I am reaching out to the Paypal community on any advice.

So, I sold a TV on Ebay.  I immediately received a message through the EBAY messaging service that the TV was sold and that I had received a payment in my Paypal Account. Within 1hr, the buyer came to collect the TV in person from my house.  

Two days later, I get a message from the buyer claiming she has not bought or collected the TV. I requested she contacts Ebay to resolve this (in case her account was indeed hacked).

I then received an email from Paypal who claimed that the buyer requested from the bank that the payment is reversed as she did not buy or collect the TV. The money that I recieved two month ago from the sale of the TV is then reversed from my account. Astonishingly, I am then also charged a paypal admin fee!  

I contacted Ebay who said that  the buyer  has essentially committed fraud.  Whether her account was hacked or not, the buyer should not have seperately claimed with her bank that she was not aware or party to the transaction (Ebay incidentally rejected her claim and walked away from this mess suggestign that I resolve with Paypal!).

Paypal have taken the money out (from the sale of the TV) from my account simply because a buyer filed for a chargeback with the bank. Paypal did not take any steps whatsoever to ensure fruad was taking place.  Even after the event, Paypal have not been providing any help or assistance over a 3 month period other than it is being investigated via an automated chat channel.  I am then also getting seperate threating emails from Paypal collections team.

Diabolical?

Has anyone also been in this situation? If so, were you able to resolve it or did you just give into the incompetency of Paypal?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.