PayPal letting scammers do their thing...

jpoc78
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a CD to someone in ITALY.

Sold: Feb-11.
Shipped: Feb-17 with tracking info.

Delivered: March-18. 

"Buyer aka. Scammer" opened a case on April-28 (5 weeks later) saying "Notting until now" that didn't arrive.

I uploaded everything:
Tracking info, I also take photos of my packages with the tracking info, and also the post office receipt.

Italy Post Office said that was delivered.

PayPal closed the case. Since it was Delivered.

Then the "Buyer aka. Scammer" sent me an e-mail saying that "Someone in the post office" took his CD.

June-25, he opened a case just saying "Different" and PayPal re-opens the case. PayPal let him ship the CD and I get a different CD.

"Buyer aka. Scammer" won the case with 4 words "Notting until now" and "Different". I present all the proofs of Delivery and everything and I lose.

I call them more than 7 times, explain this to everyone that I talked to.

I did appeal and everything, but PayPal decided that "I was the scammer".

Well kids... and this is how I know that the PayPal BUYER PROTECTION is fake. Also DO NOT ship to Italy.

It's not the money, is that PayPal do NOT READ, do NOT CARE about their customers.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jpoc78 

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers.

Paypal do not know what you sent out OR what the buyer returned.

Yep when you sell online you are going to get scammed every now and then, accept it and move on, paypal seller protection is not a 100% coverall, read up on it and then risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jpoc78
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your words, but as I said... READ, please READ. 

First the Scammer opened a case "Didn't received the item" 5 weeks later after he received.

Then PayPal re-open the case when he said it was "different".

I have accepted since PayPal did nothing, just letting the confessed scammer get away with it...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.