PayPal approves refund to buyer and buyer claims no knowledge of it- can I get my money back?

Mike1666
Contributor
Contributor

At the end of May this year I sold an item using an online buying and selling app and the buyer bought using PayPal. She arranged collection and collected. I checked that she liked the item a few days later, again using the app and she said it was perfect and gave me a 5 star rating. One month later I received an email from PayPal saying the money has been returned to the buyer as they claim it was an unauthorised transaction. Even though I have lots of written evidence that this was a perfectly normal payment, PayPal found in her favour as it was described as a “personal payment”. They have not been interested in contacting me at all or investigating. The buyer claims to know nothing of any of this, she has not reported the transaction as unauthorised and she says the money has not returned to her account.

what can I do?

Many thanks

Mike

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.