I am getting scammed! Item not bought claim via financial institution.Please Help!

EJ89

Let me first state how insane it seems to me that someone can open a case with Ebay if that fails with PayPal many months after the purchase and finally with their instituition! No wonder there is a lot of fraud when they get they opportunity to dupe the buyer times 3!

So please take the time hear what has happened to me and give me your advice!

A few months ago I sold a designer bag I had barely used in great condition but I needed the money and since I never almost used it preferred to sell it so someone else can get use out of it and used eBay to sell it. I have no return policy! I even contacted the buyer if they needed any more photos and info and they said no they already love the bag.

Although it is a popular model and I had many watchers and offers  I received I wanted to hold firm and not accept a lower offer from multiple ones I got. 

However near thanksgiving I received an offer with a personal message from a woman saying she has wanted that bag for a long time and she would use all her Christmas present to get it. Stupid me I thought I should accept the offer of -150$ because It would mean so much to her.

Anyway the item was shipped and received. When the buyer received the bag they send me a message saying thank you it is in great condition but know the size is smaller because I saw the bag at Neiman's but I love my purchase and raving comments about how good the condition is and how much she liked it.

I was surprised she said that about the size but didn't pay too much attention to her message because she said she was very happy with it. Keep in mind the bag isn't a square or rectangular it is tapered and if you take the measurements on the top which is tapered versus the base of the bag measurements will be different.

3-4 days letter they said since the size is wrong (by an inch based on her claims) if I were willing to give them a partial refund of 400-500$. Keep in mind the bag was sold for 1200 and was listed 1350. At this point I gave eBay 10% plus a promotional fee and a PayPal fee all together probably over 200$.

Anyway I responded how I was surprised by that since they liked the item and requested a photo of the bag with a measuring tape. She said I'll do that on Monday (it was Friday) that I will be at my friends house that has the bigger size. That instantly made me suspicious because I didn't see the reason to send me another bag photo.

I responded that I only wanted photos of the bag I sold and Monday is fine. More than 2.5 weeks go by and finally she send me photos with her " friends "bag and my bag. Both bags the same color and no distinct marks visible to actually distinguish which bag is which. Al I knew my bag was the bigger one. Now that I am writing to you I wonder if she regretted the bag and found another one cheaper online thus the 3 week gap between when she was supposed to send photos and when she did.   At this point she had the bag for 3 weeks and Christmas shopping was in full speed. I knew something was wrong with them. I contacted eBay and they advised me that I have no return and I shouldn't worry about it it. It is clearly buyers remorse on their end. 

However to save me some time and drama I explain to the buyer that I can't give such a steep refund I could offer 150-200 and I said if she hadn't said how much she liked it I would have accepted a return right when she received it although I have no returns but not after weeks and the item was used. 

She wasn't happy with the amount and opened a return request and eBay told me again I don't need to accept the return it is buyers remorse and I have no return policy. So I declined the return. Then around Christmas time I believe it was December 24th more than a month later the buyer opens a claim with their bank that they never did the charge on their card. 

"Unauthorized transaction" We’re reviewing your case and will get back to you soon.

The buyer reported that someone made the order without their permission."

Needless to say that ruined my Christmas my account had a negative balance and I was shocked since I had never experienced such a thing.

Called PayPal and long story short I uploaded all documentation of the whole thing and they said I am covered from buyers protection not to worry and PayPal will figure it out with their bank. And resolved my negative balance that took some days and at that point I shut down my store because of the balance and the crazy Christmas shipping delays that caused issues as well.

It was clear to me now That buyer is trying to commit fraud with their bank claiming they didn't do the purchase tried to get a huge partial refund claiming it was an inch smaller. (that alone isn't PayPal causes for a return since items need to be significantly different)

They used the bag for a good 3 weeks and wanted to return it. More than 2 months later they opened a request for eBay customer service  to review the case for a final decision. An eBay representative assured me even guaranteed it is just a formality and the case will be closed on my favor and not worry and how sorry she is for the whole situation. Also I can't in any way accept a return now that I know that they are scammers because most likely they will send a replica if anything at all. Ebay customer service closed the case in my favor.

Now I see they changed their claim to their financial institution as Item not as Described which I am surprised it was even possible to do so. I chatted with a customer representative with PayPal which had no help to offer apart from checking my emails. Also I don't know if they have access to the case or not but they never commented or gave me any explanation why the claim was altered so significantly! (I have screenshots for proof and previous customer representative chats saying not to worry seller protection applies)

Could PayPal and the bank have come to an agreement top change the claim since tracking and the buyers message clearly showed the item was received though me loosing buyer protection?

I cannot believe how the bank is changing a claim when their client is clearly a fraudster. 

Also I forgot to mention that 10 days or so ago she sent me an eBay message claiming she returned the bag and tracking shows she returned it to me and to give her a refund right away and to feel sorry for her because she has children.

Needless to say I haven't received it and it would be impossible to return something since a return was not accepted, initiated in any platform and she didn't have my mailing address or a label to ship. So I am extremely concerned and confused what they are trying to do at this juncture. 

Does anyone have had a similar experience? Does anyone have any insight on that? I am seriously considering filling charges in their local police station and since my husband is an attorney suing all 3 parties involved. I know it isn't easy but since I have a free attorney I think I need to push it to the limits in hopes that the platforms stop letting people get away with fraud and cause such a headache and ordeal to everyone. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.