Help with Company with eBay and PayPal link

Zstuper
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I have received money from customer that bought item through a "company" I worked with. "Company" used their eBay account and used my PayPal link to send me customer's money. Customer sent a dispute about the item, so "company" has to resolve it. I have used the money already thinking there will be no dispute. I have tried contacting "company", but they blocked my number. Can "company" run away from dispute and I have to pay customer back? I dont have access to "company" ebay account. Update: customer escalated to a claim, and company isn't responding
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zstuper 

Is this an eBay claim against the “company’s” eBay account? And you used your PayPal account to be the payment recipient of this sold eBay listing, yes? 

If your PayPal account is attached to the eBay account, and received the payment, your PayPal account would be responsible, when eBay issues refund to customer due to outcome of dispute or the “company” assumes responsibility via your account, would issue the refund to buyer so again the refund will come out of your account. Seems like eBay accounts and PayPal accounts are non-exclusive if you are able to add your PayPal account to the company’s eBay account. Or, eBay can add the money owed to the company’s eBay account’s monthly invoice if your PayPal account is no longer linked to the eBay account.

Be prepared to possibly have a negative balance in your PayPal account though.

And read the Seller funds, reimbursements and fees section in the “Read our full policy” section on the page below:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Zstuper
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I don't have access to company's eBay account, so I don't know what happened on eBay. I gave my PayPal link for the company to use for eBay account. The buyer escalated to claim on PayPal. Now, I have to provide evidence that the eBay account is responsible. I think company tried to run away when I sent the money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.