Help a random payment and a chargeback

Shmro5
Contributor
Contributor

Hello some random person sent me a payment then charged back with debit card instantly as an unauthorized transaction within a few mins, I was left with around negative 8 euro balance in my account

My account isn’t for sales and I don’t know who this person is, later i checked my gamil I found out paypal had sent mails saying it’s a high risk transaction on hold then few mins later paypal but the balance in my account

I didn’t accept this payment either 

Is there a way I can resolve the negative balance without the paying

I don’t want to pay something I didn’t ask for, it’s also an abuser buyer or whatever i’m so frustrated 

I tried to report a problem but it keeps giving me sorry we can’t..etc

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Shmro5,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear that someone sent you a payment then filed a chargeback before you could refund the payment. Typically, the fee for a chargeback would apply if the payment weren't refunded immediately. If you believe that there was not time to refund the payment, you can reach out to customer service to discuss the situation and discuss any options that might exist. 

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.