Disputing claim made by a buyer.

amieb123
New Community Member

I sold a coat to a lady; I provided full tracking details for her, she contacted me to say that Yodel had left a 'safe place card' [in the shed] for her item - but when she went to retrieve it, it wasn't there.

I reported to yodel and explained that there was missing item providing all contact details - after much conversation with them, they admitted that the item had been left outside the ladies shed - I have full screenshot copies of all conversation. 

I arranged to order a replacement for her, at my own cost - she asked me to order her a larger size?!, but I agreed and told her it would take approx 1 week to deliver as it was being imported. as soon as she received confirmation of the replacement she has logged a refund claim.

After disputing this and providing tracking details etc to PP, she has now changed the claim to say that the item she received isn't as described!! - what do I do now?

Firstly she says it wasn't received, now she has said it doesn't meet description 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amieb123 

Sadly you have a pain in the butt buyer. 

I would not have offered a replacement as once tracking is marked as delivered then its between her and the delivery company if they left it in a safe place and it was lost.

As you has filed not as described put in as much info as you can to prove it was described ok and she had already filed for non receipt and then wait for paypals decision.

If they find in her favour she will probably have to return it to you at her own expense trackable to prove delivery before you have to issue a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.