Unknown person created a dispute

Morgus1960
New Community Member

I received a notification from Pay Pal that a buyer disputed a transaction. The funny thing is that I have never sold anything via PayPal. The dispute transaction has run its course and if Paypal **bleep** up and posted in error to my account, I have no issue with a buyer getting refunded. What I do have issue with is that PayPal has charged me $20 which has put my account into negative balance and now if want to buy anything using PayPal protection I would need to pay this fee.

This is totally unacceptable as I am a victim here

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Morgus1960,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced what sounds like a chargeback. It's likely that what happened is that someone inadvertently sent you a payment instead of someone else, and when they realized their mistake, they opened a dispute with their card issuer, called a chargeback. To avoid chargebacks, it would be necessary to refund an unrequested payment when you first receive it.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.