Transaction under review

Asmodei

I've sold digital codes on eBay and after I received payment I've sent them through the email to the customer. Immediately after that the payment went on hold because of transaction error or it was made without holder's permission.
In the description of my item I wrote that no refunds accepted and customer need to record code's validity to prove something
My eBay item link : https://www.ebay.com/itm/113173186579?ViewItem=&item=113173186579

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Asmodei

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

However as it was a digital item you 'may' not be covered. Also Paypals policies that you agreed to when you opened your Paypal account trump your no returns or refunds policy I'm afraid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Asmodei

@kernowlass

Now there is a question. What is the most protected way to sell digital stuff online and not to get scammed.
Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Asmodei

You won't have seller protection for an unauthorised purchase OR a chargeback so to be honest its always a risk selling that type of item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.