Scammed by Buyer, can i get my items or money back?

tomlee08
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I have experienced a fraud by a buyer on eBay.  I have two items that are active on eBay, and the buyer emailed me and said his eBay buying limit is max out, and asked to switch to deal on PayPal. He gave me his text and home address(which I think it's fake now, because I called him, all voice mails) He said he wants the items in the next morning, so I chose the UPS next day air, it costed me $500 total,only for shipping.  And the total value of the two items are over USD$4000. Then I received an email says my money is in pending, and it will appear to your account once the buyer receives it. And I called PayPal customer service, to make sure the money is really exist before I ship out the items, and the money really exists. The next morning, UPS said the items have been delivered to the buyer's house, and I still don't get my money, but the money is still showing pending in my PayPal summary, so I contacted PayPal, found out this is a scam.

So, the question is, if PayPal settles this, am I able to get the items or money back? Thanks all!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

tomlee08
Contributor
Contributor

Gotchu, thank you

Login to Me Too

tomlee08
Contributor
Contributor

You are right, that scammer removed his ebay account. I should have known he is a scammer. 

Login to Me Too

tomlee08
Contributor
Contributor

Updated: I have talked to an agent on paypal and I provided the transaction IDs to them, they said the IDs are not valid. I believe I cannot get the money or items back.

I also filed a case to ic3.gov, hope they get back to me soon.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.