No seller Protection

Iain2252
Contributor
Contributor

I am hoping someone can give me their view on an issue I have.   To cut a long story short I sold a part on ebay exactly as described with full proof of purchase,  Proof of delivery and photos to back it all up.  The person in question contacted me the morning he received the item to say he had ordered the wrong part and it wasn't compatible with his bike.   I refused the refund due to the costs involved and told him to either sell it on or get a gift card from Halfords as he has the receipt.  Heard nothing for weeks until a paypal dispute.  This has come from the financial institution, which I believe is his credit card company.   Now Paypal have taken my money, charged me a fee and say its with the financial institution for a decision.   How is this fair?  I don't even know what he has told them? Why do have I no protection whatsoever?  The person is clearly committing fraud but what can I do about it? I have been using paypal and ebay for years and never had an issue like this so pretty lost. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Iain2252
Contributor
Contributor

Also just to be clear I am not a shop just a private seller

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.