Illegal Chargeback

drhameed
New Community Member

I am a PayPal Merchant for more than 5 years now, please read this mail carefully and its my humble request that, please read this mail in detail and please clarify and answer my questions asked in this mail end

Transaction date of the payment was 27 May 2019

My Patient had ordered her medication from us during the month of MAY 2019, and her medicines was dispatched on 29TH MAY 2019 and it was successfully delivered to her via DHL Airway bill no.....

Her second shipment which she ordered for her husband was dispatched on 3rd June 2019 via DHL Airway bill ,this shipment there was a issue and DHL acknowledged the same that during the delivery there was some damage,

NOTE: She had paid for both shipments in a single Invoice and we had sent as 2 separate shipment, out of which 1 delivered successfully and the other one there was damage during delivery by DHL delivery boy,

For this damaged shipment she insisted to sent new shipment and on conversation with her, she agreed to pay only 20% of the charges and we agreed to give her 80 % discount, because during the delivery the dhl delivery boy might have tampered the shipment for which we were not at fault, we have the screenshot of messages in WhatsApp as proof which the consignee had agreed to take 80 % discount offer, after this she never turned up,

Then the Dispute was raised,

CASE ID PP-D-45469642

ON 08-NOV-2019, which is almost 5 months later she raised a dispute with paypal, claiming the entire amount for both shipment, and we provided the DHL tracking number of the Shipment, explained paypal everything and also provided screenshot of conversation with the consignee where she had agreed to take 80 % discount offer for the second shipment which got damaged,

ON 27-NOV-2019, Paypal resolved this case in our favour and there was no penalty taken from us and this case was closed,

In the Resolution centre you can check this info; case was closed in our favour because we provided the DHL tracking Number of the shipment and other relevant information,

Surprisingly this case was opened again by Paypal on 4th June 2020, almost a year later mentioning the following

We are writing to let you know one of your buyers opened a case for this transaction. The buyer stated that they did not receive their merchandise.

At this time we need no further action or information from you. Thank you for your patience during this process. We appreciate your business.

From 4th June 2020 till 18th July 2020, Paypal did not ask us any explanation nor there was option to answer in the resolution centre and in the resolution centre it was just showing case under review and pending,

We tried to chat with PayPal in message centre and we were informed that the buyer filed the case with her card provider company and PayPal cannot do anything on this regard and we will have to wait till this is resolved,

Meanwhile i also mailed to Paypal on June 18th explaining everything and asking why this case was opened again and what’s the way to close it and whether they require any information from us,

I had mailed on June 18th because there was no response in the resolution centre and in message centre, they were just saying to wait and nothing was asked from me, so i had to mail them again asking for explanation or whether they require any more documents or evidence, because the tracking numbers which i had provided in November 2019 will not be valid now because DHL doesn’t not keep the tracking number Valid in the portal ( Website) for more than a year and the tracking no’s when checked in DHL website  will show as invalid, if its checked now, so i wanted them to provide evidence or signature proof but where to provide i was not having any options nor no one responded to my mails to the above email ids,   

Then on 18th July Paypal sent a email saying the dispute is resolved in the buyers favour citing the reason as

• We did not receive shipping or proof of delivery information.

I mailed to paypal again saying how can they say paypal did not receive shipping or proof of delivery, and i requested to open the case again to which i got a reply that once dispute is solved and closed nothing can be done,

Now my questions are

1) When this case resolved in Nov 2019 in my favour, how can buyer file the case to its card issuer company on 4th June 2020, As per master card and visa rules, any dispute has to be filed in 120 days to 150 days i guess, how can this buyer claim to its card issuing company or BANK after such a long time, buyer had paid on, Transaction date: 27 May 2019 and raised chargeback to issuer bank on 4th June 2020,

2) In such cases where buyer goes to dispute with their card issuer, PayPal has to represent our case and they should ask us any specific evidence and documents, we already provided the DHL tracking number and detailed email on November 2019 and that’s how the claim was closed in our favour, but here in this case the tracking numbers of DHL will not be shown Online because its more than 1 yr old, so PayPal should have asked us delivery proof  which we could have provided from DHL or acknowledge from DHL we can provide, without asking anything to us and without giving any explanation to us, the case was resolved in buyer favour citing PayPal did not receive shipping or proof of delivery information,

If tracking no PAYPAL did not receive, the how it was resolved in NOV 2019 in our Favour, we provided all the information and DHL Tracking numbers in the resolution centre during NOV 2019 itself  

In the resolution centre, even today the information is available 

Where our rights here and what can i do now or how can i reopen the case now, or mail to higher PayPal officials

In the reply email from PayPal again they did not clarify as why even after giving tracking numbers they have given reason as did not receive shipping or proof of delivery information, what can i do now

What are my rights, please help

I have one more question, My PayPal account is having negative balance now, if i do not add up the funds, does PAYPAL has the right to deduct the amount from my Bank account or Credit Card, if yes after how many days, please clarify

Can you please clarify this information 

If a seller amicably resolves a PayPal dispute or wins a claim, is the seller covered against chargebacks?

Yes, if a seller amicably resolves a dispute through PayPal Dispute Resolution or wins a claim, the seller is protected against any chargeback the buyer's credit card company later files for that transaction.

To be covered, however, the seller must honor agreements made with the buyer during the dispute resolution process. And, if the chargeback comes in before the dispute or claim is resolved, the seller will not be covered.

In my case,  through PayPal Dispute Resolution this case was closed in my favour, so how can this be opened again as chargeback 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.