High Volume dispue fee tier?

hardcharger
New Community Member

I have been placed in a high volume dispute fee tier on paypal.  I've had three problems since January and none of them were anything I could control.  One guy tried a chargeback two months after a transaction was placed and shipped, with tracking, which shows the delivery date.  Another tired to place a $20 order, which was declined on big commerce, because the buyer didn't have sufficient funds in his account.  Then magically the transaction appeared on paypal, but not in connection with the original order.  The third person placed one order on my big commerce site and I shipped the order with tracking which showed it was delivered.  Then the buyer states that he was charged multiple times. 

I recieved an email from paypal back in April that I was in the high volume dispute tier and when I messaged paypal about it, the rep said that it was an error.  It's obviously not an error, as I was just charged $30 for this last problem.  Ive asked paypal how many problems places a seller into this "high volume dispute tier" and have not recieved an answer.  It seems to me that what is happening is that paypal is still trying to put a transaction through even after the initial decline.  Did the buyer use one card and it delined and then try and use a different card number?  I have no idea.  I'm not there on the other end of these transactions to walk people through the process.  You would think that paypal, being a financial institution would have times and dates for every transaction made through their system.  But I don't think they do.  At least I can't get the answers from the reps which I'm dealing with on paypal.  It just doesn't make sense?  Are other sellers experiencing similar problems?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.