Fraud perpetrated- trying to report

Aliceville
New Community Member

I have been advised by the PayPal 'help' person (not at all helpful) to send you an e-mail with information about fraud that has been committed against my business to ic3.gov.  Tried it- no such address.
Background: We recently had an event for which we placed a 'purchase' button on our website. It was set up correctly and linked to our PayPal account. Only one payment made on 2/12/2020 came to our account. We became aware of the problem when people began arriving at our event with receipts showing payments which did not come to our account. This morning we did a test purchase to see why payments were not showing up in our account.
From what I can determine, someone hacked our website and substituted an email address associated with another PayPal account. I told the help person the false e-mail address. I have a transaction receipt that shows the substituted e-mail address, transaction number, etc.  The Help desk person told me there is a PayPal business account associated with that e-mail address, but I gathered, he could do nothing. I cannot launch a resolution request because there is no transaction showing min my PayPal account -because it was diverted to someone else's…. I am not even entirely sure how many transactions were stolen because of the diversion.  I have proof of one- I may be able to find copies of a few more receipts. What can I do?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.