Does Paypal Seller Protection program no longer covers sellers?

kura1
New Community Member

For item sold through ebay and paid with paypal (probably credit card), someone - a buyer or person card belong to opened a chargeback case with his bank saying he did not authorize this transaction, paypal asked me to provide tracking details so I did, tracking stated item delivered, even photo taken at delivery house/door complies with house look on google maps - all good.

Now I am being told I will lose that money and I will be charged extra £14 the chargeback fee.

Paypal responded

It shows here that this case ..... was filed directly on your buyers financial institutions. Therefore our goal here is to act as your lawyer. We gave all the information that they asked us. Although it shows here that the buyers financial institution decided the case on the buyers favor.

Since it was outside PayPal we don't have control over the decision. What you can do is to communicate with your buyer since this type of cases are not covered with any PayPal Protection.

So my question is, is that right? Is accepting paypal payments that risky and am I not protected at all anymore? How can i contact the buyer if they say say it was not him. Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kura1 

An unauthorised or chargeback means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.

OR they have pursued a chargeback directly via their card issuer.

You would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kura1 

An unauthorised or chargeback means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.

OR they have pursued a chargeback directly via their card issuer.

You would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kura1
New Community Member

Hi, thanks for your replay. Well I did read them, ebay buyer was in UK, item was shipped to his address and item sold was just a tin of water based paint, that is all. I am still asking a question what is Paypal Seller Protection program for? Why it all depends on the person making a claim bank as paypal told me? If they say to reimburse paypal does reimburse and I am losing money. Surly it is not my fault, whoever was the institution to check the transaction, bank, paypal etc. should cover those cost of reimbursing the funds not me I think.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.