Does PayPal provide any help to sellers whatsoever?

ZivileS
Contributor
Contributor

I've been selling digital card codes on eBay recently, and I was doing pretty well. Until a few people (probably the same person with new accounts tbh) decided to purchase a lot of my codes and claim a refund on PayPal? eBay blocked my account until I personally got on the phone to them and described the situation. Their response - " Sorry we know you're getting scammed by buyers, however we can't do anything and PayPal most likely won't do anything, you can try to message the buyer to ask them to cancel the refund". Are. You. Serious? 
You are one of the biggest companies in the world and you cant protect your own sellers (the people who make you money)?

Lucky for me, its a digital code, which no one can check if the buyer actually got or used and I'm left in the dark. Thanks PayPal.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ZivileS 

Always best to read up on what seller protection coverage is provided before starting to sell really.

Because there is no seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Never sell digital items using PayPal. There's no protection for it. If a buyer files any claim on it, it will automatically win in their favor, whether they're purposely scamming you and using the code or not. I know someone who got scammed for hundreds on eBay with that. Personally I would recommend any professional seller, or anyone selling high volume to not use PayPal. Whether physical or digital, the buyer can always charge-back very easily, with no protection to the seller. I was scammed for a few hundred recently for a physical item that was never sent back, my account went negative and I was banned from using PayPal for payments.

Login to Me Too

Outdooraarons
New Community Member
I recently sold $1690 worth of baseball cards to a guy using my PayPal pay here card swiper only to have my account closed becausd when the guy received the $1690 worth of cards he cancelled payment an claimed unauthorised I lost.$1690 plus my PayPal horrible buisness in the same page they closed my account was advertismeng to get card reader to accept payments ovefbggd phone you gattabe kidding me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.