Item not as described

Adya_o
New Community Member
The buyer bought from me pink Valentino limited edition bag ( original price 4000$ - my price 320£ already very low ). I usually either hand pick items, or my friends/ family ask me to sell it for them and they all in secondhand condition so not new. And I put very low prices compared to other depop prices so I can promote my business faster. So, these bag was belonging for my friend, and later it came out that the bag was faulty but still easily fixable which I had no idea about, I contacted immediately my friend thinking maybe something happened during delivery, and she told me that the bag was not in that condition when she sent it so I’m guessing maybe buyer did something on purpose to it or something happened during delivery , screenshots and proof were provided where my friend stated that it was not that way. And I already send the payment to my friend too as it was her item. I did not know what to do, and I’m not sure how it happened and sincerely apologized to my customer and explained that I was just selling for my friend these bag and had no idea about the damage but I’m ready to refund full amount to her as it’s of course my responsibility. She rejected the full refund and wanted to keep the bag. She asked from me 100£ Instead, I was happily ready to send it for her and told please allow 1-2 days as also my PayPal had no funds and I couldn’t fund it for some reason. Hence, I kindly asked to provide her bank details , She said she will send it over and never did. Now I received email from PayPal that my customer has complained about the damaged bag, and the case will be closed if I refund her. She requested these time 166£. While before we agreed on 100£. And now I messaged her asking why she contacted them and asked different price, as I was ready to refund her already. She accused me in lying, and told me I didn’t reply her for 2 hours and she couldn’t wait and also told that PayPal is going to refund her anyways. Of course with item as not being described , I heard many sellers gets scammed. This is truly disappointing, as I have really good reviews on depop, and always tried to be reasonable with each buyer. ( just to let know I was planning to refund from me own budget not my friends, as I don’t think she would lie to me too) Depop already took from me 30£, and PayPal too, and if I pay her 166£ , I’ll be left with 124£ for the bag which is limited edition and repair of it would cost much less. As the seller I cannot agree on such deal, I told her please send the bag back and I’ll refund you full amount. She denied to do it and told she already gave it for repair while bag has arrived to her just yesterday. I cannot agree that buyer is always right in these situation, as I sincerely felt bad for my buyer and kept apologizing and was planning to pay 100£ from my own budget. I find it more like scamming. I would be happy if anyone could help me to solve these situation preferable closing her account as these might happen to any other seller as well and give me any advice on how can I deal with her. It’s just super sad to hear “ anyways PayPal is going to refund me” while I worked hard to run my small business.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.