Buyer was awarded full refund after he had my fragile comic book 3 months.

aaronsean
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer bought a comic book from me on eBay and had it for 3 months before he demanded a full refund and PayPal gave it to him.

His description was “Item was not as described”.  My description of the comic book was very accurate but PayPal found favor in the buyers’s favor.

He sent the comic book back to me but I refused the package and had it returned to sender through the post office, never opening the envelope. PayPal refunded the buyer the $550. And wants me to pay them back. I don’t have the comic book and PayPal wants me to pay up. I changed my bank account so PayPal can’t help themselves to my money and I can’t appeal their decision because they only offer two reasons to do so, and mine isn’t one of them.

I feel scammed by the buyer and PayPal.

What would you do? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aaronsean 

Buyers have 180 days from date of payment to file PayPal dispute. eBay and PayPal's dispute systems are different. You refused buyer's return package so PayPal figured you no longer want it and refunded buyer to avoid a $500 credit card chargeback which would ding your account for an extra $20 fee and not required to return your item.

If you do not zero out your negative balance, then your account will be sold to debt collection and your account closed. You could have received the item back to resell or report the buyer for abuse of purchase protection if you got back the item as you sent it, a brick or empty envelope.

No returns don't mean no refunds. Just because you removed your bank account does not absolve you from negative balance. If someone opened an account and somehow is cross referenced/linked to your outstanding account, like say a family member, they can be on the hook for it or cause them to have account issues.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.