Burned By Buyer....and looks like paypal as well.

Johnnyd57
New Community Member

On Nov 28th i sold a  used high dollar fender guitar ($3800) sells new for $6000. Buyer paid and i shipped the guitar to KY from SC the next day. 6 days later he contacted and suggested that there was a buzzing comming from the guitar.This can come from several things including floresent lights,bad cords etc. I had tested the guitar and it was perfect. The buyer told me he wanted a $300 refund. He provided no proof of said problem. The buyer had expressed to me that he felt he had paid to much to me before he bought the guitar and this seemed like a red flag. After a brief communication the buyer said he would just return it which was fine with me as the guitar was worth more then i sold it to him for. The buyer placed a claim for $300 the next day which i declined and suggested he return the guitar. I heard nothing until two week ago when he filed a claim with his credit card company for the full $3800.00. My paypal acct was debit and in the red for $3800. A week later Paypal sent me a email telling me that the buyer lending institution had sided with the buyer. They debited me the $300 and returned the $3500. They gave the buyer $300 of my money....when it was clear i would have taken the guitar back. Today the buyer sent me an email requesting an additional $700. After a hellish 2+ hours of trying to get through to Paypal i finally spoke to someone on the other side of the world claiming to be a supervisor. She told me this was all between me and the buyers bank and there was nothing they could do....and that the buyer may come after me for the additional $700. I have been using paypal for close to 20 years and never experienced anything like this. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.