Advice for dealing with suspected Vendor Fraud

Jeb_Lotwers
New Community Member

Quick Background:  I purchased an item off a Facebook ad using my PayPal account in early November.  The merchant originally provided a tracking number that never changed status from "In Transit".  After a month and a half of waiting and several attempts to get remedy from vendor, I contacted PayPal and filed a claim.  The vendor then provided PayPal with a completely different tracking number -- which showed that the product had been sent to somewhere in my zip code (However; no address was provided.)  I then contacted USPS who indicated that the package was sent to an entirely different address.  I have not gotten the item that I paid for and I am having the toughest time getting any help.  At this point, I just want my money back.

My honest suspicion is that the vendor is running something similar to the seed scam, where they send an inexpensive item of similar weight to a wrong address -- so that they can then exploit a weakness in how PayPal evaluates claims.  But where do I take this.  Beyond the resolution dispute system (which I argue failed to see this obvious outage), is there any place that I can go for escalated support?

Thank you very much!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.