Trying (and failing) to follow 'How do I change a contact name on my Business account?' guidance

Redistro
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I've been sent instructions on 

'How do I change a contact name on my Business account?' which only slightly resemble what I'm actually seeing on my Profile. Has anyone else had this issue? For example, it asks me to "Select 'Your contact name has changed' and click Continue", but that is not an option, there's only a box for my first and last name. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Redistro

Don’t follow the directions are they could be outdated.

You can change the name on your account on the website (up to 2 characters) if it's misspelled, and only once after creating your PayPal account.

It’s not possible to change the name on your account to another person's name. If you are making a legal or major name change, you may be required to upload supporting documentation.

Note: Change of account ownership is only possible on Business Accounts and with proper supporting documentation.

To change your name:

1. Go to Account Settings.
  2. Click Account owner information.
  3. Click Change by your name.
  4. Select your type of name change.
  5. Follow the instructions on the screen and click either Continue or Update Name.

To change your business contact name:

1. Go to Account Settings.
  2. Click Business Information.
  3. Click Update on the right.
  4. Click Edit in Your business information section.
  5. Click Change under name in the Business contact name section.
  6. Edit your name — Let us know why you're changing your name (select one):
    • You've legally changed your name
    • Your name is incorrect (for typos)
    • Your business name has changed
  7. Click Continue.
  8. Enter Name.
  9. Click Change Name or Update business name.
  10. Follow any directions for uploading documents.

They’ve changed the interface.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Redistro
Contributor
Contributor

Actually I think what I need to do is change the name of the business account, but...I've lost that password, and it says 'To create a new password, you'll need to continue on a mobile device', but I'm using a laptop. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.