PayPal loads endlessly because of 2step in Safari (iPad)

JamesNY
New Community Member

I can pinpoint exactly when it started happening. Yesterday I went into my security settings and cleared the devices that I put “trust this device” on for the 2 step verification. As a result in Safari, on my iPad, After entering the login info the message to send a code to my phone never comes up. Just loads endlessly. It works fine on other browsers (android phone and laptop browsers). If I remove 2 step verification, safari will login normally. Interestingly I experimented connecting my iPad to a hotspot and logging in with Safari worked, with 2 step on. It doesn’t make sense to me. How can it be tied to both a browser and have to do with my internet after clearing this one setting.

I have looked this up and have found threads but no solutions. One solution I was thinking about is connecting to the hotspot, logging in and clicking trust this device, so when I go back to my Wi-Fi it should be like it used to be and just log in. The problem is there is no box that says “trust this device” when I enter the code. If anyone knows how to force that or why it wouldn’t show up, that might fix the problem.

Any help would be appreciated 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

SuiCyko
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a similar issue, on Chrome... I am stuck a never ending spinning O loading screen when trying to pay

also get an error

{
    "name": "RATE_LIMIT_REACHED",
    "message": "Too many requests. Blocked due to rate limiting.",
    "debugId": "f165960d9b1c2"
}

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.