PayPal email contents all jumbled up

khurasanminis
Contributor
Contributor
I’m a seller and typically when I get a payment email it lists out all of the items purchased, one by one. Now I get an email saying: “Shopping Cart Item# E16THC-LANDSK-DOPPEL-PK,E16THC-LANDSK-MITTEL-HLB,E16THC-LANDSK-BLUSS-PK,E16THC-LANDSK-ARQUEBUS,E16THC-FRENCH-CANNON,E16THC-FREN“ It’s just an incomprehensible jumble with no item quantity and leaving items off. It’s obviously some sort of technical error but it’s been going on for days.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kabelectro
Contributor
Contributor

As of yesterday, my notification of payment no longer show items purchased. it just says "shopping cart" with a total amount. Still, If I log into PayPal and look at the invoice, all the item info is there. It was really convenient to have that info in the email. I hope this is just temporary.

Login to Me Too

khurasanminis
Contributor
Contributor

Update: I contacted customer service via chat.  They told me they would look into it and it should be fixed, or I'd be contacted, within 72 hours.  They asked if they could close the chat.  I asked them to keep it open in case the problem wasn't resolved.  They said "sure!" but they closed the chat anyway (so paypal).  It wasn't resolved and I didn't hear back from them in72 hours.

So I contacted them again.  I reopened a chat.  They responded asking me what they could help me with.  I responded with the jumbled cart email and also explained that I hjad been made promises by customer service that weren't delivered on.  They closed the chat without answering or helping me.  (So paypal.)

So I contacted them a THIRD time.  The person I spoke to gave me a completely different answer.  I was told I have to contact tech support.  I'm sure that will go well.

Login to Me Too

kabelectro
Contributor
Contributor

My problem cleared up on Sept. 19, 2023.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.