Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

Yazanabd
New Community Member

micmic0000
Contributor
Contributor

im also having issue not receiving sms for OTP - located in PH

Login to Me Too

raalinaya
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Is TM your provider too? Did you get this resolved? I am not receiving verification too.
Login to Me Too

micmic0000
Contributor
Contributor

last night called Paypal customer care and said that this a global issue. So far I have tried only Smart prepaid sim card and that one works i am able to receive OTP. But using globe postpaid it does not work at all up until today May 21 2022 1013AM PHT.  Globe numbers (postpaid/possible prepaid) wont get any OTP from Paypal and there is no ETA when it will be resolved.  I have confirmed Smart prepaid # and Sun post paid # is working for Paypal OTP.

Login to Me Too

raalinaya
Contributor
Contributor
How did you logged in? Did you call cs and ask them to change number? I can't log in since I have 2FA with globe/tm number.
Login to Me Too

micmic0000
Contributor
Contributor

i was able to login to my account w/c it did NOT ask for OTP so i change the security to add a smart # and 2FAS.

For my friend account sadly has 2 globe # registered for her paypal account so every time she tries to login to her account it will ask for OTP and there is no way to change those numbers.

Also I ask my brother to login to his paypal account w/c he has Sun (now Smart) registered # and OTP works for him.

as of May 21, 2022 @ 1059AM PHT - issue is not fixed yet! Globe # and maybe TM # and GOMO # (w/c using Globe network) may not work for Paypal OTP.

Login to Me Too

raalinaya
Contributor
Contributor
Did your friend tried calling Customer service and check how will they resolve this issue? I tried calling CS too and they also said they have technical issue with OTP and wait for 24 hrs. It's been 24 hrs but still didn't receive any code. I need to withdraw my salary 😐
Login to Me Too

micmic0000
Contributor
Contributor
unfortunately no eta on solution will just have wait until this is fix on their end, if to night the issue is still not fixed then I will call them to get status update. I will post update here ASAP.
Login to Me Too

raalinaya
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I will post here too if I solved this issue.
Login to Me Too

szaikinah
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! same issue since yesterday, is it okay now? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.