Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

Naggedhusband

I've been trying to login to my account for days. It keeps saying I have to verify my account and calls my landline with a code for me to enter on my phone. However I never receive the calls and I've switched off all phone screening and tested the line and it's working fine. So basically as someone else has said Paypay has taken control of my account and won't let me access it, I don't even know what my balance is. If I do manage to access it at any point I'll instantly transfer any balance then close the account. It's become a useless payment method, earning interest on my money no doubt. 

Login to Me Too

Vita11
Contributor
Contributor

Not receiving sms so cant login in account, Latvia...

Login to Me Too

Swotty67
Contributor
Contributor

Don't receive text, don't receive call, can't call help centre, can't get MY money - complete waste of time.  Had enough of PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Johnboy19
Contributor
Contributor
Over a period of months when I tried to cancel a small monthly donation I was being told they sent me an authentication code. Never did. I tried from phone and tablet. Yesterday, I'm not sure how -- maybe I tried from app, can't remember. But this time I got no message about occasional extra security mesure. I was messaging with a PayPal helper. And they immediately cancelled the regular donation. I the got a message asking for feedback. I wrote at length -- but the whole thing collapsed. Got another 'how did we do?' message; again that fell through. I'm going to try again to log on and see if they send me through the occasional extra security measure and say they've sent a code...
Login to Me Too

JackCoven
Contributor
Contributor

When I was trying to add my checkings account to Paypal, I was asked to verify my number so that they knew this was my account. I received no text message. I later just deleted this account not wanting to use Paypal until one day I try to use it again and enter my same information, same email, same number, etc. This time the verification actually goes through. My theory is that some Paypal users were bugged in a certain update and this caused an upset in communication with phone numbers and maybe even emails. Anyway just delete your account and make a new one with all the same info and cards and what not and it should fix your problem. Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Johnboy19
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks but I don't understand how you could delete your account if they didn't let you access it since you didn't receive the authentication code.
Also, bug or no bug, it's their duty to let us know and not just palm us off with 'contact your service provider'. This is a business, their business, and they're making money out of us, their precious clients.
Login to Me Too

Swotty67
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed.  Guess I'll just have to spend hours on the phone incurring phone charges just so I can get my money - time to go elsewhere...

Login to Me Too

Swotty67
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but my bank account and various other things are linked to the account - I don't want to go through the Bank Account Verification again.  Also I have a balance in it and I can't login to delete it anyway.  It seems this has been an ongoing problem for a while and PayPal won't accept the problem is theirs which is AAF.

Login to Me Too

OcanJi
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue for months since September last year, and this month I randomly decided to try to enter my number again and it worked, I didn't do anything different, same number, same account. When I first started having the problem I heard that some users got it fixed by waiting two weeks, others waiting four months and another one waited for six months, I guess that the only thing people can really do about it is waiting a long time. 

Also if anyone from Costa Rica has this problem and needs to withdraw money from their PayPal account you can use the app Wish to do so, it is the only way I could do it while I had this issue.

Login to Me Too

Swotty67
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for you reply Ocanji.  Yep - I installed the iPhone app earlier today and now have the option to verify from that which does work.  We shouldn't have to jump through these hoops though...we're the customers aren't we?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.