Is there a way to disable 'Text Message' confirmations?

Axnfell
Contributor
Contributor

I get really fed up using PayPal of late, everytime I try to pay for something with PayPal it sends you a What'sApp message to confirm it is me, that is ok. but then when you are confirming the Payment details it then tries to send me a 'Text Message' via the phone number but I have the worst reception ever at my home, we do not get phone calls and texts if sent to my phone when I am at home, being disabled I do not get out much these days and I normally only use What'sApp for all communications, but I cannot seem to set that it only uses What'sApp for confirmations, get very annoying. Is there a way to set these settings?

James

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Annie_02
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Axnfell 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum and thank you for the post! This is very frustrating to hear has been happening with your login experience. For assistance with this concern, we would need you to contact our phone support directly for help. To get in contact, please visit the PayPal webpage and scroll to the bottom where you'll see 'Contact' listed. Clicking on this will bring you to our Contact Us page where the available methods of contact are provided. You do have the option to turn off the authentication but this can be done only after logging in. 

To turn off 2-step verification:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Click Security
  3. Click Update next to "2-step verification."
  4. Click Turn Off next to 2-step verification, then click the Turn It Off button. 

Regards

Annie. 

Login to Me Too

Axnfell
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to find where you mean under 'Profile Settings', I do not have an option that just is 'Settings', but there is not option to turn off the 2 factor authentication. I just have the options:

Text me a code

Use an authenticator app

Use a security Key

No Option to Disable?

James

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.