Getting asked to enter two authentication codes with 2FA

deannadeanna163
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have turned on 2FA (two factor authentication) on my PayPal account and have designated using an authenticator app. That's worked fine. I do NOT have my cell phone set for authentication, but PayPal still sends me a text EVERY time I log in. So, I have to authenticate twice. Once by the authenticator app, and then again with a text to my cell phone. Is there a way I can turn off the second authentication text to my cell phone? I don't understand why I have to authenticate twice which is annoying as heck. Especially when I'm traveling and outside of the country, I will need to pop my SIM card back into the phone every time I want to log into PayPal. That's the whole point of using the authenticator app is to avoid having to use my cell phone to authenticate which completely defeats the purpose because PayPal keeps asking me to authenticate TWICE. Anyone know? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.