Change the @YourBusinesName (handle) for my Seller Profile. OR DELETE Seller Profile.

TheAndresToro
Contributor
Contributor

I need to change the @YourBusinesName (handle) for my Seller Profile. Which exists on my personal account.  I accidentally set it up with a typo. I have spoken with Paypal help, and they don't know how to fix it (which is crazy to me) - but does anyone know? How about DELETING a seller profile? can anyone help me with that? (they also don't know how to to that).  ???!!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheAndresToro 

Once you create the @name, it’s stuck. You can call customer services again to get a different rep that may know how to or just close your account and make a new one:

Close account checklist:

1. Resolve any open disputes or account limitations.

2. Zero out the balance.

3. Cancel any active automatic payments.

4. Remove financial info (bank accounts, cards).

5. To use the same email address, switch out the email address you want to use for you new account with a dummy one.

6. Download your account activity (optional).  Go to Settings > Data & Privacy > To request or download a copy of your transaction activity, go to activity download.

7. Go to Settings > Click Close Account under Account Options section.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

TheAndresToro
Contributor
Contributor

are you saying delete my entire paypal account? I've had it for over 10 years... so hoping there's a much less sever way to do this. What i'm looking to delete, if anything, is my SELLER profile, any idea how to do that? I can't find anything on this anywhere

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.