Cannot verify my address

Pinkstarcharms
New Community Member

Hi

Today I opened a Paypal account, but in order to be able to use Paypal I have to verify my address and identity. I can confirm my identity (as I have a passport) but I cannot verify my address. PayPal lists only five possible document types that can be used to verify my address, and I have none of them. They are Utility Bill, Council Rates, Tax Return/Assessment, Bank Statement, or Centrelink Statement. 

I recently turned 18 and just received my debit card today, hence why I tried opening a Paypal. But I cannot use Paypal without providing one of these documents. What can I do?

TIA

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Pinkstarcharms,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

I understand your concern about verifying your address. In this case, the best way to resolve this issue is by contacting our customer service so that one of our advisors can assist you further. Please contact customer service by clicking contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options.

I hope this helps.

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.