Can I revert from my Business account back to a Personal account?

PaulBell1
Contributor
Contributor

About a year ago I converted my Personal account to a Business account and changed the name from my natural name to the business name I was planning to build. Now, the business I was trying to start has dried up and I would like to revert back.

When I go to settings, my only choice next to Account Type is to close the whole account which I don't want to do and start over.

Any way to easily switch back?

Thanks in advance 

Paul

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

skyybluegirl
New Community Member

I almost deleted mine, the only way is to contact Paypal directly and ask them to downgrade your business account to a personal account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PaulBell1 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Willjoe
Contributor
Contributor

Go to https://www.paypal.com/UPGRADE and log in to your PayPal account. Select the Upgrade Now button at the bottom of the page. The next page will allow you to choose a personal Premier Account or a Business Account. Select which type of account you would like and the Continue button.

Regards,

Will

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willjoe 

1. They don't want to UPGRADE they want to DOWNGRADE.

2. Premier accounts in most countries are no longer available.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.