Account was permanently limited even though I was 18

luka_ac
Contributor
Contributor

on the 4th of October 2022 when I was 19 I got an email from PayPal saying I was under 18 years old even though I wasn't. I've been banned ever since and unable to create another PayPal account with my bank account, because every time I do it says that my "bank account already has the maximum number of PayPal accounts associated". I recently checked my PayPal account that was banned again and it says my bank isn't even connected to it.

I've recently needed to use PayPal again to help earn some extra income. I've attached the email below of what I got the day I was banned, all it says is that after reviewing my ID they determined I was 18 years old, even though I was 19.

Any help provided would be appreciated.

luka_ac_0-1710814267970.png

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@luka_ac 

The point may be were you 18 when you 'opened' your paypal account???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

luka_ac
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for the response.

Yes this could be the issue since I believe I opened it before I was 18. Does this mean I cannot open another PayPal account though? Or connect my bank to another PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@luka_ac 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again or remove anything from it but once 18 Paypal may allow you to open a new account. Opening a new account is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules so you would need to ask customer services first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.