paypal quick security check

Temp20230725b
Contributor
Contributor

i put my new phone number and when i go to purchase something it take me to the quick security check but my phone number dosent appears and when i add it, it wont let me and it just gives me the error

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230725b 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.
Have you confirmed the phone number after adding it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230725b 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.
Have you confirmed the phone number after adding it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tori17
Yes, but the phone number still isn’t coming up
Login to Me Too

ssdda
New Community Member

how did you resolve this?

Login to Me Too

hubschrauber67
Contributor
Contributor

I think some of the people who are experiencing this issue are dealing with Paypal's bad web content design.  I just figured out how to get past this using the current version of Google Chrome on Windows 10, but it probably affects other browsers/versions/os's too.  The problem I had is that the "Quick Security Check" was popped up in a small frame from another site (Coinbase in my case).  When you click the "Add Phone" button, the entry form for the phone number is placed to the right of the button, which is not visible in the small popup window, so it looks like nothing happened.

The solution (if that is the problem) is to right click the title bar (top of the window) and choose "view as tab" which will reveal the phone number entry form that was previously not visible.  After that it is possible to enter a mobile phone number, and see the error messages related to ineligible VOIP (e.g. Google voice) numbers, etc.

Login to Me Too

brettybaby
Contributor
Contributor

I got this error too QUICK SECURITY CHECK

I put in my mobile number and it did not work.  I get an exclamation error that says the phone number is not supported.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.