not receiving any OTPs from PayPal

llvergara
Contributor
Contributor

I've used PayPal for nearly 4 years now without experiencing any problems. However, last Friday, I couldn't login to my account because I was not receiving my OTP on my phone. I kept clicking the on 'resend code', but still didn't get any messages from PayPal -- until finally I was locked out of my account for 12 hours.

Fast forward, I tried again, and this time whenever I tried to resend the code, it would say 'failed to send' or something like that. I've always had my 2-step verification turned on, and this is the first time I've had this problem. I've checked my phone to see if I accidentally blocked PayPal as a sender and that wasn't the case as well.

On top of all this, I tried to link this account I'm now using to my phone number and I am still not receiving any messages whatsoever.

Also note that when I login to my bank accounts, I have no trouble receiving my OTP.

PS. Also tried messaging PayPal and couldn't get pass the message bot even though I've tried multiple ways of saying 'Can I please talk to a real person?' Is there anyway to get in touch with customer service? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

linalouise
Contributor
Contributor

I got a response!

Clear your cache and cookies (they didn't say the range but I did mine for the past 4 weeks), then login from a desktop or laptop.

It worked for me, hopefully this will work for you and your husband as well.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @llvergara

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry you're having trouble logging into your account. For troubleshooting assistance, you can contact Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance. Support is also available through Facebook private message or Twitter direct message.

I hope you can log into the account soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

llvergara
Contributor
Contributor
I hope you read the post until the end. Because I said that I tried to contact customer support and couldn't get pass that bot with the automated answers. I also tried messaging PayPal through Facebook. It's been a week and I didn't get any reply.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@llvergara 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Janejane21
This happened to my husband and now someone else has made a payment from his account. I am really worried. I hope there is a way to contact PayPal directly
Login to Me Too

Janejane21
I really need a direct link to PayPal, someone hacked into my husband's account. They made a payment to alibaba. Please please if someone knows a direct link to PayPal support let us know. I think someone is hacking into accounts. This is a serious security breach that paypal should become aware of. He also had trouble with OTPs and now he cannot get in at all.
Login to Me Too

llvergara
Contributor
Contributor

The best we can do right now is to message them through Facebook and hope they reply and resolve this before things get uglier.

Go to their official Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/PayPal ) and click on one of the message options [Chat with Support] at the bottom of the chat box. From there, you should get an automated response. But for now, I can't guarantee anything else other than that. I'll let you know if anything comes out of it by the end of the day.

In the meantime, I hope your husband is still logged in the PayPal app--that is, if he has it downloaded on his phone in the first place. I luckily still managed to access my account through there and was able to transfer all my money to my bank account. Just find any way to transfer your money ASAP! Desperately hoping that everything gets better.

Login to Me Too
Solved

linalouise
Contributor
Contributor

I got a response!

Clear your cache and cookies (they didn't say the range but I did mine for the past 4 weeks), then login from a desktop or laptop.

It worked for me, hopefully this will work for you and your husband as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.