how to verify paypal account outside of America

loukinggood
Contributor
Contributor

I cant verify my paypal account, as it is forcing me to put in a state from America, but I am from the UK. I have tried googling paypal uk but it takes me to the same thing each time

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@loukinggood 

Sounds as if you have opened a U.S paypal account instead of a U.K one?

Click on profile (cog next to log out) and look on the left side of that page, under nationality does it say U.S or U.K?

If it says U.S then you can't use that account so close it if you can and open a U.K paypal account by clicking on register and ignoring the U.S default option top of list and scroll down to UK at the bottom of that list of countries.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

loukinggood
Contributor
Contributor

when I go to profile it doesnt say which country I'm from. I hadn't told Paypal what country I am from yet. When it asked for my address it only provided state options for america and said my uk post code was not valid. I can skip the step, but am unable to verify my account. I set up a business account, as I wanted a paypal account for my twitch streams

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@loukinggood 

The first thing you do when you click to register a paypal account is to select your country.

The default option at the top is the U.S as paypal is a U.S company but you have to click on the drop down list and scroll down to open one for your own country.

Sounds as if you have opened a U.S paypal account instead of a U.K one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.