downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

How to change business/seller account to personal account? NEED HELP!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PrincesserikaG 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

debasishc220
Contributor
Contributor
I want to change to businesses account to personal account please help, because I hope that due this issues I am receiving any kind of payment in usd
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@debasishc220 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tarz
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone, just wanting to know how I'd go about downgrading my business account back to a personal one please?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tarz 

OR

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

DecoRuth49
New Community Member

how can I change my account from business to personal?    I got classified as a business when I tried to get a card reader for crafting events, but they denied the card reader, while at the same time reclassifying me as a business.....     I have been on hold for one hour and 2 minutes today - 4/24/21  at 1:27 PM ET  trying to talk to them.... I need to get on with life.    any suggestions on how to change my status?

Login to Me Too

Chuckie_907
Contributor
Contributor
My account is pending my money because it’s saying I’m a business. How to I change it to a personal account?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chuckie_907 

Your account is already a personal account. The sender sent you a goods and services payment instead of friends and family. You can get your funds sooner this way by updating order status:

How can I release my payment(s) on hold?

Then after 48 hrs ask sender to confirm receipt:

How do I confirm receipt of an item?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Chuckie_907
Contributor
Contributor
My account doesn’t give me an option to upgrade. So I’m assuming it is already a business account how to I make it personal?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.